About the Initiative
In 2013, The Ted Arison Family Foundation launched "Good Deeds Day-Kulanana" run by Ruach Tova (part of the Arison Group) and Merchavim - The Institute for the Advancement of Shared Citizenship in Israel.
The goal is to measurably strengthen the cohesion of Israeli society.
- Establishing a community of 400 NGOs representing the diversity of the communities that comprise Israeli society. The community works on the basis of three consensual concepts: “citizenship”, “diversity” and “fairness”.
- Implementing NGO Twinning Projects together with regional and sub-oriented forums
- Formative Evaluation shaping and measuring change, improving our own effectiveness and sharing learning with others.
- Amplification across Israeli society (communications to promote efficacy; belief in the possibility of better inter-group relations)
- Creating and running a growing and sustainable Flexible Philanthropic Funding Community alongside the Ministry of Social Equality.
Current Project Examples:
“Kemach” and “Tsofen”, two NGOs with no previous connection, are partnering in a twinning project to identify shared barriers and opportunities to increase employment among the Haredi and Arab communities they serve.
“Curtain Call” and “Ayelet Hashachar” are completing their second year of community-theater for Haredi and secular women, exploring aspects of citizenship, diversity and fairness - together.
Fifteen NGOs in the Greater Chicago P2G region in and around Kiryat Gat have participated in a regional forum; building new bonds of understanding, common purpose and local cooperation that strengthen the region.
We Thank Our Flexible Funding Community:
- The Ted Arison Family Foundation
- The Naomi and Nehemia Cohen Foundation
- The Joseph and Harvey Meyerhoff Family Charitable Funds
- The Shahaf Fund
- The Pell Family Foundation
- Signing Anew
- The New Israel Fund
- Partnership2Gether Kiryat Gat, Lachish-Shafir, Chicago
- United Jewish Israel Appeal
- The Schocken Foundation
- leichtag foundation
- jewish federation of greater metrowest